Sustainable Dairying Advisor
Te Mātāpuna toa takitini
Fonterra’s strength is in the collective
We are a Co-operative created and owned by Aotearoa New Zealand dairy farmers. Our rich history is built on farming families working together to share the natural goodness of our dairy with the world.
Collaboration, innovation, and passion was the cornerstone of our creation and something we continue to value today through our commitment to care for the land, our animals, and every drop of milk. Our milk creates goodness through nutritious food with safe, quality ingredients that are loved here in New Zealand and around the world.
About Farm Source
We love kiwi dairy farmers and think they’re pretty awesome. For generations they have relied on hard work, ingenuity, and each other, to create the kind of goodness that fuels our families, connects our communities and supports our economy.
At Farm Source, our team is driven by the same co-operative spirit that our farmers and their communities share. We make farming easier so farmers can continue to concentrate on what they do best – producing high quality New Zealand milk in the most sustainable way.
This means growing and supporting the right people – people with plenty of roll-your-sleeves up energy to rise to the challenge. Whether you’re on the farm getting your gumboots dirty or connecting over a coffee at our local stores, you’ll be getting the mahi done as part of a trusted team – backed by good people, the right products, innovative solutions, and industry-leading expertise.
So why not join us? Our regional structure and openness to flexible working means that there really is something for everyone. No matter your age or stage, our inclusive culture has created a place where everyone can thrive.
About the opportunity
The journey to sustainable nutrition begins on the farm. That’s why our Sustainable Dairying teams are right where our farmers need them – in each and every region of New Zealand – to help identify and act on sustainability opportunities for the future benefit of their dairy businesses.
Join us in the Waikato Region where you will deliver sustainability solutions utilising industry leading tools and support services, to provide our farmers with a truly competitive advantage. You’ll support farmers to meet environmental outcomes that promote resource-use efficiency and minimise the environmental footprint of dairy farming in New Zealand.
Working with a high performing team you’ll be able to leverage your technical expertise and make a difference in this rewarding role.
- Assisting our farmers to meet ever changing regulatory requirements for their regions
- Working with our farmers to develop Farm Environment Plans that meet individual farm needs and reflect key issues on farm whilst satisfying relevant regional requirements
- Building outstanding relationships with farmers and stakeholders to influence positive environmental change
- Providing technical expertise and translating technical knowledge to support dairy farmers to achieve best practice
- Working closely with the regional Farm Source team to support our farmers’ preparation for future on-farm requirements.
Possessing a strong knowledge of dairy farming and environmental best practice, you will ideally be degree qualified in Agricultural Science, Environmental Science, Sustainability or similar. Coupled with your technical expertise, you will have the ability to build strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders, enjoy working as part of a team and be able to effectively influence change.
Other success enablers include:
- Strong knowledge of on farm systems, effluent, and nutrient management
- Proven organisational abilities and the ability to work autonomously
- Excellent time management and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated experience working in the agricultural industry within a technical advisory role
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations and their implications on the dairy industry.
Apply today for the opportunity to join us in this exciting role based in the Waikato. The region constantly surprises with its natural beauty and powerful history, plus there are excellent progression opportunities – what more could you ask for?
Why not come and join our team?
You, me, us together.
To apply, please click here.
Applications will close late night Monday 21st November 2022.
If you know someone who could be interested in this opportunity, please forward this email to them or for more information contact Nick Panghal, Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant at email@example.com